Sunday, September 1, 2013

Fall Yellow Warbler came for a visit!

I have not enjoyed the outdoors in Texas since May.  The heat and humidity have made their usual visit.  Rain has not been abundant in our area and I am so looking forward to fall.  Yesterday, I am not sure why, I ventured out to the back porch. The fan and a breeze made the heat more tolerable.  I know birds are migrating, Hummingbirds are plentiful and many summer birds have left our yard. The Black and White Warbler has not been seen for a couple of weeks. The Blue-gray Gnatcatcher








 has not been seen flitting branch to branch of our trees. We have an abundance of Titmouse and Cardinals as well as Blue Jays and Carolina Chickadees. God blessed me by sending a beautiful Yellow Warbler to visit our water feature.  It was amazing (not really) how quickly my hands and eyes went to my camera. He stayed several minutes as I intently watched and photographed him. I certainly was not expecting such a wonderful surprise on this Labor Day weekend. My eyes will be more vigilant in the coming weeks as fall approaches. Watch your Yard!!! Blessings!

No comments: